Bathroom Design Guide
Bathroom Design & Construction Guide by McClarty Constructions
Alex will arrange to meet with you at your house to measure and discuss your ideas and what options are available for layout, accessories and colours. Budgets for your bathroom can be discussed at this time. NB. most bathroom renovations start from around $15k.
Alex will draw the plan up for you whilst on site going through all of your requirements.
Item & Colour Schedule:
When you are happy with the design of your new bathroom, we require you to confirm your bathroom items, accessories and colours. This will be recorded and included in the contract.
Quote & Contract:
Following the final approved design and Item & Bathroom Schedule, we will provide the quote and contract for you to complete and sign. The contract will provide all information in relation to your bathroom renovation. A start date will then be decided and scheduled in.
At the same time that the quote is accepted, we arrange for payment of QBSA Insurance.
The general process will follow and the time for completion is dependent on the complexity of the design:Demolition and removal of old bathroom and any walls if required.
- New walls to be constructed, if required.
- Floor cut to enable new drainage to be completed. New electrical wiring to be completed.
- Installation of framing and hebel for hobs for the new bath / shower recess
- New plumbing to be completed.
- New sheeting of walls.
- Waterproofing of wet areas.
- Concrete bedding to floor to allow falls to floor wastes and drains
- Installation of shower / bath / spa
- Tiling of floor and walls
- Measure shower screen and order
- Grouting to all joins and silicone to all corners
- Installation of tapware, vanity, toilet, towel rails and all fixtures
- Plastering of new ceiling and cornice
- Electrical fit off
- Painting of ceiling, cornice and walls as required
- Installation of shower screen usually takes place in 1 to 2 weeks time as we have to measure after the tiles are laid to ensure a proper fit for water proofing
Finally, your time to enjoy your new bathroom! Prior to handover, we will meet with you to ensure that you are completely satisfied with the end product.
A deposit will be required at the time the contract is signed and start date is scheduled. The remainder will be payable as per the progress payment schedule that is provided to you in the contract.
There is a 6 month defect maintenance period from practical completion.